Instructions for students on the use of the EXAM system (Intranet page opens in a new tab)
Take a look at the EXAM rooms (Terrariums) at TAMK
Rules for taking electronic exams at TAMK
You may use EXAM rooms only if you have reserved an exam time!
- The instructions are valid from the very moment you arrive in an Exam Terrarium room. Please note that it is an exam session that requires absolute silence. Even when your own exam has not started yet, others are busy doing their exams! Access to Exam rooms is only allowed for those who have reserved their exam in advance!
- You are not allowed to bring any goods with you into the exam room – only your access key card and an your ID card are allowed. When you arrive, leave your jacket and all your belongings out of the exam room. Use the storage lockers for storing your goods during the exam. You must not bring anything, for example, a calculator, a mobile phone, a dictionary, literature or other material into the exam room. This also applies to any food, a bottle of water, sketching paper, pens and pencils. Medical aids in the exam room are allowed only in case they are agreed on in advance. Contact the Exam support email in advance about any necessary medical arrangements.
- No technical aids, such as a calculator, mobile phone, smartwatch, smart glasses or other similar devices, may be used during the examination.
- Enter the exam room with your personal access key card. Always show your key card to the card reader at the door, even when entering the room in the same door opening with somebody else. Open University students and exam visitors should fetch an access key card at the TAMK info desk. Open University students and exam visitors must pick up their key cards in advance during the info desk opening hours.
- Check your correct Exam room, and your computer number, in the EXAM system before entering the exam room (also called an “exam terrarium”). You will also need your username and password to log in. You will find detailed login instructions right next to the exam computer.
- Stick to your reserved examination time. Arrive just before the start of your exam (max. 5 min before the allocated time) so that the previous students can complete their tests in peace. You must not exit the Exam room during your test. If you exit the Exam room during your test execution, your test will be rejected. You can exit the room, as soon as you have completed your exam.
- Do not use any perfume.
- Any clothing that may interfere with identifying you, such as a hood, a beanie or a hat, must not be worn during the exam.
- The exam rooms have video recording surveillance cameras to monitor the students. Suspected fraud will be handled according to the instructions of the university. If you notice fraud taking place, kindly report it by email: email@example.com.
- No technical support is available during the execution of exams. If any problems should arise, follow the instructions found in the exam room, and contact the technical support afterwards by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In case of a fire alarm, exit the room as instructed.
Information on technical monitoring
Technical monitoring of the Exam rooms uses real-time recording voice and camera surveillance, as well as access control tracking. This information can be combined to verify the identity of the exam performer, and to investigate any misconduct in the examination situation.
Video and sound from the exam rooms are monitored in real time, and the recordings are also checked afterwards. In addition, the recordings are saved to verify any possible misconduct. If necessary, the access control tracking information will be compared with the EXAM system’s reservation information and the camera recordings.
Upon request, the student must prove his or her identity after taking an exam. In case the student does not have an appropriate identity card, a photo and an autograph sample will be taken from the student.
Violation of these rules may result in rejection of the exam. In fraud situations, TAMK’s guidelines apply.