Note! The language of teaching and learning on the Degree Programme in Media and Arts is English. Therefore, the portfolio must be in English, too.
- Full name, date of birth, place of residence, contact information.
- List your prior education, work experience, and any short courses that you have completed of relevance to this application. (CV or resumé no longer than 1 sheet of A4 paper)
- The Media and Arts programme offers three study paths; state which one you are applying for:
- Interactive Media
- Music Production
- Fine Art
- Explain why you are aiming at a career in the field of media, and why you think you are well suited to this field, particularly the study path which you are applying for. (No more than 1 sheet of A4 paper)
- Hobbies, membership of associations, other information relevant to this application
Present one project that you have been involved in or one piece of work that you have done related to the field of media. The presentation must be in writing and may include pictures where appropriate. Note! If you wish to include music or video material, it will be possible to demonstrate these in the interview.
Include information on the following aspects of your project / work:
- Context and aims of the work
- How the work was shared among participants and what your own contribution was
- The main phases of the project / work, the schedule and overall duration
- Your evaluation of how successful the project / work was
- What you learned from this project / work
- Other information of relevance to this application
The whole portfolio must be no larger than 4 sheets of A4 paper, font-size 12, line-spacing 1.5. Complete parts of your portfolio in the same file as format doc(x), rtf, odt or pdf. Name the file as Lastname_Portfolio.
Attach the file to studyinfo.fi –portal.
Assessment criteria for the portfolio
Motivation, idea proliferation, professional competences on the study field, suitability for higher education studies, attention to detail, written and visual expressiveness, argumentation, IT skills, English language skills.