EXAM computers are equipped with Windows 10 operating system with limited set of software and restricted access to internet. It is not possible to limit the use of these programs during the exam.
The following set of software is available during the exam:
- Dia 0.97.2
- Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers
- Enterprise Architect 14
- Java Development Kit 8 Update 141 64bit
- Mathcad 15 M045 (10 PC’s in rooms PC230 and K2113)
- Matlab R2019a
- Microsoft Office 2019: Word, Excel, PowerPoint (no spelling and grammar checker)
- Microsoft Visual Studio Code
- Mozilla Firefox ESR
- NetBeans IDE 8.2
- Node.js 8.12.0 LTS
- Notepad++ 7.6.3
- Paint (Windows 10 default app)
- PDF viewer (Windows 10 default app)
- PHP for Windows 5.6
- PyCharm Community Edition 2018.1
- Python 3.6.1
- RuSlav (Russian keyboard layout for Windows)
- 7-Zip 16.00
In addition, EXAM computers have access to following Tampere universities internal systems that have separate user restrictions:
All computers are equipped with touch display (precision equivalent to whiteboard and markers). In addition, 6 x MS Surface Studio drawing display computers (Konetalo and accessible electronic exam rooms at Hervanta Campus, precision equivalent to paper and hand writing). You can select drawing display computer as mandatory requirement from exam settings: “Basic Information > Software”.
Teachers: If the software needed in the exam is not found on the list
Small (under 50 MB) portable programs can be included directly to exam as an attachment.
Please evaluate first if it would be possible to use the software already available. For example charts can be drawn with PowerPoint and Dia.
If needed, contact IT Helpdesk (firstname.lastname@example.org) well in advance and describe your use case and what would you need so that we can discuss about the available solutions together.