EXAM computers are equipped with Windows 10 operating system with limited set of software and restricted access to internet. It is not possible to limit the use of these programs during the exam.
The following set of software is available during the exam:
- Calculator (shortcut on desktop)
- Dia 0.97.2
- Enterprise Architect 14
- Haskell Platform 8.6.5
- IBM SPSS Statistics 25
- Java Development Kit 14
- Matlab R2019a
- Microsoft Office 2019: Word, Excel, PowerPoint (no spelling and grammar checker)
- Microsoft Visual Studio Code
- Mozilla Firefox ESR
- NetBeans IDE 12.0 (How to activate Java: New Project > Java with Ant > Java Application > Activate)
- Node.js 8.12.0 LTS
- Notepad++ 7.6.3
- Paint (Windows 10 default app)
- PDF viewer (Windows 10 default app)
- PHP for Windows 5.6
- PyCharm Community Edition 2018.1
- Python 3.7.3 (default modules + NumPy, Matplotlib, Pandas)
- R 3.6.2
- R-Studio 1.1.456
- RuSlav, Russian keyboard layout for Windows (in Tools menu on Windows desktop)
- 7-Zip 16.00
In addition, EXAM computers have access to following Tampere universities internal systems that have separate user restrictions:
- WETO (Exam WETO)
All computers are equipped with touch display (precision equivalent to whiteboard and markers). In addition, 6 x MS Surface Studio drawing display computers (Konetalo and accessible electronic exam rooms at Hervanta Campus, precision equivalent to paper and hand writing). You can select drawing display computer as mandatory requirement from exam settings: “Basic Information > Software”.
Teachers: If the software needed in the exam is not found on the list
Small (under 50 MB) portable programs can be included directly to exam as an attachment.
Please evaluate first if it would be possible to use the software already available. For example charts can be drawn with PowerPoint and Dia.
If needed, contact IT Helpdesk (email@example.com) well in advance and describe your use case and what would you need so that we can discuss about the available solutions together.